McKinney Disc Golf Association
Monthly Board Meeting
March 4th, 2013
Meeting called to order by Dewayne Furr at 6:50pm. Present for meeting Trey Gunn, Patrick Harrington, Seth Harwood and James Santti
Feb meeting minutes accepted and made part of record
First order of business is to vote in new board for 2013.
President – Trey Gunn
Vice President – Craig Stone
Treasure – Steve Harris
Board Members – Seth Harwood (Chair Social Media Coordinator), Patrick Harrington (Chair Tournament Director), James Santti (Chair Membership Committee)
Move to accept new board, seconded, motion carried
Treasure Report – Trey Gunn
Balance at end of Feb $679
Money received from Mack Town Smack Down - $1,006
Balance as of 3/4/13 = $1,685. MDGA owes Trey Gunn $500.00 for product he purchased in 2012 for the MDGA. Move to reimburse Trey now, seconded, accepted. $500 check issued to Trey Gunn
Adjusted balance as of 3/4/13 = $1,185.49
Franchise Tax needs to be paid. Trey and Steve will look into total due and report at next board meeting.
Club insurance is due. Estimated total cost to be $700.00 for the year. Trey will get with agent to confirm total and report at next board meeting.
Hyzer Bomb still owes the MDGA $261.00 from event in 2012.
Tournaments Report – Patrick Harrington
Mack Town Smack Down held March 3rd
Possible incoming events:
Hyzer Bomb – Town Lake / Alex Clark April 6th and 7th (if they pay past due amount)
Hyzer Bomb – Town Lake Aug 31st
4 The Chains – Town Lake / Alex Clark Sept 21st
SLD – Town Lake / Alex Clark – TBD
Upcoming events for MDGA in 2013 – Dates TBD
Alex Clark Memorial
MDGA Gold Course Tournament
CTP Competition – Possible date of April 21st
Membership Report – James Santti
Started March with 13 current members. After event on March 3rd we now have 69 current members for 2013. Continue to push membership at all weekly minis and events.
Social Media Report – Seth Harwood
Focus for March will be to work on MDGA web page. FB has been updated weekly and our numbers are trending up on “reached”, “following page” and “likes.
General Order of business
1. Board meetings will be held the 1st Monday of every month at McKinney Fire Station #7. This is an excellent venue and will serve us well. Meeting is open to all current and prospective members of the MDGA. Seth will publicize these meetings on the web site and FB.
2. Feb we held the monthly bag tag challenge and annual Mac and Cheese drive. We collected 82 boxes of mac and cheese to be delivered to local food pantry. Steve to deliver this month and Seth will put information out on social media.
3. Mac Town Smack Down was a big success. We signed up/renewed 47 members for 2013. Membership information has been updated on web page. We still have 80+ people that were members in 2012 that have not renewed 2013 membership. Be sure to push membership at all weekly minis and events.
4. Course development – Patrick is going to make contact with T. White at the City of McKinney are safety issues. More information to follow in April meeting
5. Seth is going to take the lead on researching 501C non-profit application. Should we qualify and pay a one time fee, we could possibility recognized by the Federal government as Non-Profit and be eligible for grants for our courses. More information to follow in April
6. Patrick is going to work with the city to get more blue trash cans at our courses.
7. When the MDGA holds tournaments the board needs to meet prior to discuss individual responsibilities at the events. This was not done prior to Mac Town Smack Down and it should have.
8. Meeting minutes will be typed up monthly by James Santti. James to forward to Seth and Seth will place on the web page for all members to review.
9. Agenda for next meeting will be sent days before the meeting. Should any MDGA member want to get on up-coming agenda to present to the MDGA board they need to get with a board member NLT 3 days before next meeting.
10. Each board member will need to be prepared to brief on their area of responsibility at each meeting. Agenda will be simple and list board member name and area of responsibility. If there is specific topics board member will be discussing, please get that information to James Santti, a week prior, so it can be listed on agenda
Meeting adjourned at 8:35pm